xbox livegold subsription only for one controller

i took a streatch for my kid and bought an xbox 360 for his birthday and got the games he liked, and got xbox live gold so we could go play online together like with the original xbox. yet im finding out that i would have to PAY MORE just two use another controller to play online together, one account for only one controller for the same game on the same console.  what a rip out of pocket scheem these people are. they  make enough off of selling the consoles and games. so why make the  F'n hassle of charging people more who already have a hard enough time just to get this crap in the first place?   Poor economy? hec ***'m more.  thats why we have taxes right!?

I just find this soooo rediculouse!  Does anyone els understand as i do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

No, because you can sign into guest account and play with him using his gold membership.  So no, you would not have to do that, and ranting and raving on the forums is not the proper way to get help.  Thank you. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It depends on what game you are playing.  Like GoW and Halo you can sign in with a guest account and play online split screen.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you go to the dashboad, turn your second controller on and press the Green X that is located in the center of the controller. They will ask you to sign in and when you sign in you can choose to sign in as a guest so that the second player can play with your kid on mulitplayer on Xbox Live. But if the second person wishes to use their own gamertag, they're required to have gold membership as well to play online. If they play offline, they don't need a gold membership

Sorry this didn't help.