Xbox Live® Party Gamertag Issues

Hello, sorry if I didn't post this thread in the correct area there isn't really a section for Bugs and Error's.

I changed my Xbox Live® Gamertag for the very first time in four years, and when I join Xbox Live® Parties it still shows up as my old Gamertag "Chaos13125" on only the Xbox Live® Party. Though when people go through their friend list's it shows up as my new Gamertag and not my old Gamertag. This also happens with other people who have changed their Gamertags within the last 31 days. I believe this error/bug started happening when from the last Xbox Live® update to the consoles.

I have been on Xbox Live® for a very long time now, and I know all the tricks on why this could be happening. I tried the clearing the cache from both of the Xbox Live® HDD, which did nothing. After that failed I deleted my Xbox Live® account, and re-downloaded it from the Xbox Live® servers, which also failed. I thought to myself maybe if I called the Xbox Live® tech support they could help me, then I realized that they most likely would just tell me the same thing I did or tell me to go and post a thread in the Xbox Live® forums. So here I am asking for someone to help me with my issue, though it is not a huge issue and is not stopping me from playing Xbox Live®, I would just like this to be fixed. Thank you

(Sorry for the "®". I have a setting on that makes it so the copyright symbol comes after every big corporation such as Microsoft®.)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This is an issue I've seen with a friend of mine. It seems silly, but in my experience it is only resolved via waiting. Eventually, it will cease to be an issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand. Thank you for your opinion.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're very welcome. Happy to help.

Sorry this didn't help.