Xbox Live

Is the Xbox One live community separate from the Xbox 360 community?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Nope.unless there only posting in the Xbox1 thread? Iam on xbox1 and still post all over the forums, if thats what u mean?

If you're talking about chatting online then unfortunately, yes.  The audio codecs between the two consoles is different so people cannot chat between the two.

I guess you could say so. A majority of the Xbox One gamers are or were 360 owners. So I mean yeah, in a way it's still the "same" community. But you have to remember, it's the next gen console. And it's Christmas time, so the amount of players on now I'm assuming is mostly adults. Come Christmas Eve/Day? You're going to see more of the teens playing.

[quote user="onyx62is"]

If you're talking about chatting online then unfortunately, yes.  The audio codecs between the two consoles is different so people cannot chat between the two.

[/quote]I am curious if MS will update the 360 with the same codec that the One uses so party chat can be across all platforms.  Hope it happens.

I hope they make it possible to communicate with friend between both consoles. It sounds like it'd be an easy thing for them to make possible anyways.