xbox live

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Iowa, United States
Modem brand & model number: NetGear DGN2200
Router brand & model number: NetGear DGN2200
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? No Idea
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal
Things you have tried: Opening Ports, Static IP, Restarting modem, And Opening NAT settings
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes well as far as im concerned hard to be determined on my router
Is NAT Type Open? yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: Not enough MTUs, NAT not open, Unable to connect to modem, every internet error there is
What type of internet do you have?  DSL
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Quest
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? Many different ones most of the time the NAT settings and others that it cannot connect to modem

I am upset to say the least. About this issue last week out of no where my xbox will not connect to xbox live. Every time with a different reason for the problem. The Errors include; Not high enough MTUs (which they are set at a high enough setting), Need to open NAT settings (Which is also done on my router), and just that it connect connect to xbox for an unknown reason. I am extremely frustrated with this even when i get online it will tell me my NAT is set and when i try to log on to anything such as Netflix i get disconected from xbox live i am beginning to think this is an xbox 360 issue because nothing changed on the router but suddenly my xbox is unable to connect.  I don't know what to do and the fact that neither xbox or netgear offers live assestence without a charge just adds to frustration.  Also my wii and every computer in the house can cannect. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have never know Support to charge for Live assistance.  One simple way to test to see if the router is the problemis just to connect the console directly to the modem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox does not charge for support. 100% free.

Do you happen to have any wireless devices around your Xbox? Speakers, Headsets, laptops?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also had problems getting disconnected, suddenly, for the past 3 days now. Nothing on my network has changed, I'm the only person who uses it. I've watched NetFlix for weeks now thru my XBox with no problems. Other people are also having this problem. I've seen where it's being blamed on AT&T in some forums. You certainly can get no help on the NetFlix site (btw, NetFlix works fine on my PC and Wii), and XBox is not announcing any problems. In turn, people are frantically messing with their Config trying to figure out what's going on when it's actually not their routers ...it's a Microsoft problem.

I say, start requesting a reimbursement. That's what I'm going to do in the morning. Maybe if people start complaining and wanting their money back for the time missed ...they'll fix it or at least give us an announcement or info. on this site when they're having problems.

Sorry this didn't help.