xbox live

Hello. Been trying to connect to xbox live for 2 days and still can't. Tried resetting to last update and clearing cache, that didn't work. Changed the security info and password for live, that didn't work. The initial issue started when it said that the acct needed to be signed in with username and password to verify security. Went through all the prompts and then it said either the password is incorrect or the acct doesn't have live with the error code 80048821, the acct does have live until 2/9. When the connection is tested it says everything is connected but it does have a service alert. Unhooked the modem and replugged it in, that didn't work either. tried to recover the gamertag also and that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Try going to https://login.live.com and when your password doesn't work follow the prompts to reset the password for the account.  Then to be safe I would also Delete the account from your xbox and redownload it.  Hope that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i would check the service alert on xbox.com/xboxlive delete profile then try redownloading said profile

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried both of these things, now the Xbox won't download the profile at all. Tried to give it time to see if the service alert would get taken care of and now it's this. Also, when friends have tried recovering gamer tags from our Xbox it won't let them, now cant recover this gamer tag either.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings stems0586!
Currently there is some difficulties that are affecting accounts and partial Xbox LIVE services. I recommend that you sit tight until this service alert get fixed.

Xbox LIVE service alert

Post back and let us know if the problem persists after the service alert is lifted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I sat tight, the alerts have been lifted, and still can't download the profile. It says Xbox profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later. 80151011. This is the 2nd day in a row I've tried since the alert was lifted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hiya Stems! Man I'm sorry to hear this problem has lasted this long. I have a few suggestions for you.

Lets start by clearing your cache: How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache

If that doesn't work, I would suggest moving and then re-downloading your profile: Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile

Let us know if those work for you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Another suggestion to follow onto Mister Ohnaka's 2nd suggestion, would it be possible for you to download your profile on a friends console and then move it over onto your console via USB? You can find out the steps on how to do this via Mister Ohnaka's 2nd link.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Finally said forget it and bought a new system today, problem solved, just wish it would have been a cheaper fix ;)

Sorry this didn't help.