Xbox Live..

Why do people complain about Xbox Live & care what's locked behind the Gold Firewall, If they don't even Subscribe to the Gold service...??

Game developers, do have free content too.. It's called Demos...

Discussion Info

Last updated October 21, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Beta Bri"]

Well then, quit trolling users who wish to do so.

<rest Nano's nonsense snipped>

~ "Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it makes you sweat a lot. " ~ [/quote]

You have the audacity, to say i'm ignorant... Follow your own incessant quotes.. Come back to reality & quit your crying, about how Microsoft rips you off... Boo Hoo...

I also said this full quote, seeing how you like to cut & paste, what you want..

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

You do have a right to complain about Xbox Live Gold & internet [That has been already been explained to you previously, that it's NOT free] Applications, if you subscribe to a Gold Subscription [/quote]

[quote user="Beta Bri"]Good for the U.K. government to not allow a public entity like the BBC, to be put behind Microsoft's "Great Wall of Gold" firewall![/quote]

The UK government doesn't decide on BBC content decisions or whether or not to allow microsoft to lock the BBC iplayer behind gold subscription. The BBC is only a public entity, as you put it, in as much as we the viewers pay for it in our licence fee. We too have no control over the BBC and it's decisions.

@ Beta Bri.. Do you save all your arguments in Word Pad & just copy & paste them into the post...???

You said this on another post about NetFlix, stopping Xbox Live friends viewing Movies on Netflix.....

"No... Microsoft killed on account of their lazy and incompetent code monkeys."

That's just lame....

I'm the one that brought dashboard issues, to their attention & it is being worked on as you're reading this...

My head's spinning trying to interpret some of the Pidgin English in this thread. I don't know how some of you guys do it.

Ok, then. I'm a subscriber and I do think it's stupid that otherwise free apps are hidden behind Gold subscriptions, on Xbox Live. That certainly does open Micro$oft to suggestions of gouging; particularly when apps like Crackle are poorly updated and contain less than half the content, as compared to when I access Crackle on my iPad.

Thank God I didn't pay for that app...no wait!

Once again, I'll say it to you Beta Bri... The Gold Subsription Fee, is to cover the costs of the LIVE service & has nothing to do with Applications that charge you... The Applications that charge you, are owned by their Specific company or Developer & is on a Seperate server to Xbox Live...[/quote]

That's right! Thanks for admitting that Microsoft is charging a user access tax to free internet apps, because "they can".

[quote]No Free-Loading in Real life Beta Bri..[/quote]

Once again? You have it backwards, as usual.

Where do you think Hackers get in from buddy...??

They hack your modem via your computer & when you connect to live, ports open on your modem & comminicate with Xbox Live Servers... Hackers sniff the packets on these ports & hack the network, from your negligence of computer safety...

I think you need to stop drinking the Diol (Ethylene Glycol) from your car radiator...

[quote user="J06 D"]

The UK government doesn't decide on BBC content decisions or whether or not to allow microsoft to lock the BBC iplayer behind gold subscription. The BBC is only a public entity, as you put it, in as much as we the viewers pay for it in our licence fee. We too have no control over the BBC and it's decisions.

[/quote]
Sorry... my bad.

Usually, when it comes to a monetary contractual dispute between Microsoft and another company? The only thing that Microsoft seems to respect, are the court rooms and governmental bodies of the country that they are doing business with at the time of the dispute. And since the BBC is basically a publicly funded entity, based off of a U.K. television license surcharge? I thought the U.K. government had got involved on behalf of the BBC (kind of like the FCC regulatory body of the public airwaves in the U.S.)

http://www.neowin.net/news/bbc-still-wants-iplayer-on-xbox-360

http://www.neowin.net/news/bbc-iplayer-launches-on-xbox-live-soon-on-windows-phone

On a side note...

I must say, that I'm a really big fan of some the British comedy shows! Monty Python's Flying Circus, is second only to The Three Stooges as my favorite all-time comedy show. Absolutely Fabulous and the Young Ones are very good as well! ;)

[quote user="Beta Bri"]Sorry... my bad.

Usually, when it comes to a monetary contractual dispute between Microsoft and another company? The only thing that Microsoft seems to respect, are the court rooms and governmental bodies of the country that they are doing business with at the time of the dispute. And since the BBC is basically a publicly funded entity, based off of a U.K. television license surcharge? I thought the U.K. government had got involved on behalf of the BBC (kind of like the FCC regulatory body of the public airwaves in the U.S.)
[/quote]

There you go, planting the seed of doubt ! No I'm certain the government don't get involved with the BBC's decision making.

Also on a side note, yep Monty Python was strange but good esp " the life of brian ". I have to say, one of my favourite all time comedy show's was Sienfeld.

We digress and have lost the thread !

You could watch NetFlix Movies with Xbox Live Friends, until viewing licences from NetFlix stopped that.....[/quote]

No... Microsoft killed on account of their lazy and incompetent code monkeys.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1214177p1.html

[quote]So you are still online to Xbox Live Servers while using the applications etc..[/quote]

Not once they are activated... You're transferred to where the actual content resides on third party servers. Microsoft just decided to play toll booth boy, so they can milk money off of someone else's service, and their customer base simultaneously, off of free and separately paid subscriber based services.