Xbox Live worth it anymore ?

I've been a member for quite long now, i believe i just hit 8 years not long ago. Though i have played Xbox Live for 8 years, i also had an account before that, that i had for a year or so prior, when Xbox Live was done though the computer. 

Xbox Gold really doesnt give you all that much, especially since they increased the price by $10.00's recently. You now pay $60.00 a year for a service that isnt all too great. The only perk to Xbox Gold is party chat, in all honesty. 

What happened to Freeware ? That was the best part of having an Xbox Live account.

Does anyone else besides me agree, that they should bring Freeware back to Xbox Live ?

In all honesty im having trouble deciding whether or not the service is worth the money anymore. Im not trying to complain, but for the amount of money we are spending, i was hoping for a bit more out of my subscription.

I love Xbox Live, i cant stress that enough but i really feel like the value isnt there anymore.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Ancient Shinobi"]I love Xbox Live, i cant stress that enough but i really feel like the value isnt there anymore.[/quote]Then don't renew your subscription.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="Ancient Shinobi"]I love Xbox Live, i cant stress that enough but i really feel like the value isnt there anymore.[/quote]Then don't renew your subscription.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

And you do not have to pay $60 for a one-year subscription. Shop around. You can find subscription cards for much cheaper.  

I pay 100.00 bucks a year. I haven't really played xbox since dead space 2 back in January. You can usually find a card for around 40 bucks.

Xbox Live has never been worth paying for.

However, unless you want a 360 console that is severely handicapped, there really isn't an alternative...

These cards youre talking about, are you talking about buying from ebay ? Ive never really purchased something like that on ebay, haha. I really cant imagine why people would sell them for anything less than what theyre worth either.

[quote user="Ancient Shinobi"]

These cards youre talking about, are you talking about buying from ebay ? Ive never really purchased something like that on ebay, haha. I really cant imagine why people would sell them for anything less than what theyre worth either.

[/quote]

Umm it ain't only Ebay that has these cards it different retailers , I understand you ain't happy about paying the fees of 60$ so best choice is don't renew your subscription !! I love Xbox-Live ( regardless that I also own Ps3) still worth the money 

Seriously...it's not worth it.

Stop paying these chumps.

Bye bye!

Xbox Live worth it anymore ?

[/quote]Only you can answer that question.

For me it is a very difficult choice to make as it is only really Party Chat on the Gold features I use.

However for other members it is the very fact that the Gold subscription exists at all that makes it worthwhile for them.

So think on what you do on LIVE and that will give you the answer you seek. 

I've been a member for quite long now, i believe i just hit 8 years not long ago. Though i have played Xbox Live for 8 years, i also had an account before that, that i had for a year or so prior, when Xbox Live was done though the computer. 

Xbox Gold really doesnt give you all that much, especially since they increased the price by $10.00's recently. You now pay $60.00 a year for a service that isnt all too great. The only perk to Xbox Gold is party chat, in all honesty. 

What happened to Freeware ? That was the best part of having an Xbox Live account.

Does anyone else besides me agree, that they should bring Freeware back to Xbox Live ?

In all honesty im having trouble deciding whether or not the service is worth the money anymore. Im not trying to complain, but for the amount of money we are spending, i was hoping for a bit more out of my subscription.

I love Xbox Live, i cant stress that enough but i really feel like the value isnt there anymore.

[/quote]  

I agree, I don’t use half of XBL apps, or other hook ups because it doesn’t suite me. Now games are going up again, if those who haven’t notice it yet you know buy a game for 60.00 bucks you know need to buy the extra content servers for another 30.00 bucks. Yeah, XNL is dying in my eyes I am looking toward other gaming options for my money.

I don't think its worth it at all anymore pretty much we're paying for them to release apps lol. But I stocked up on year cards before they up the price and best buy was selling them for 25$ for a year so I'm good for like 3 more years. amazon is always putting them on sell for 35$ so is best buy so you should check them out if you want to spend the money.

I've been pretty disappointed in MS though, with all the modders I run into now I just pretty much stay in party chat and only play with friends..  The online gaming community is pretty bad on xbox live, if I go to play online without friends I just run into modders or people blasting music into the mic or people trash talking its pretty lame I don't understand how people get off on playing music into the mic and people are afraid to talk for some reason.