Xbox Live wont let my discs work.

I just got my Xbox two weeks ago, but yesterday, the disks would not work when I was signed into my Xbox Live account. I tried using a non-Xbox Live account and they worked just fine. This is really frustrating to me since I just got the console and was looking forward to playing on it. There is literally no way I could've broken the console b/c I set it up immediately and haven't moved it since then. If anyone has had the same problem and fixed it please let me know.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi SlayerHdThe3rd, 

Sorry you're having issues with your console reading discs. Try to do the following. With your Xbox on hold the power button down for 6 seconds until the console quickly turns off. Then power the console back on and see if it starts reading discs. Sometimes the Xbox consoles have some errors that don't always clear due to sleep mode rather than power down.

You mentioned that if you login to another profile on the console, then games read with no issues? Can you please elaborate on that a bit? If other profiles can read the discs but yours cannot then it's something with your profile, and not the console itself. Also can you please let us know if your account id a child account or an adult account? 

Let us know and I hope this helps! 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.