Xbox live won't let me sign up on console.

So I had this problem the first time I tried to sign up for Xbox live, so I came here and signed up. The screen just constantly says something like "This email address is already a windows live ID." then asks me if I would like to use it. So I hit OK, and it led me all the way to the beginning of the signup process, and I changed nothing. It did the same thing. I went back and put in an email address which isn't a windows live ID. "This email address is already a windows live ID." So now I realized that I can't have any of the achievements and progress in my games on this account, only on the offline one. So how do I actually sign up on the Xbox 360 itself?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,217 Applies to:

Have you tried recovering this account to your console? support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I saw that, so I was using a different name on the console, as well as a different Windows live ID, and when that didn't work, a non Windows live ID email.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are already signed up for Xbox Live. Your gamertag is 'Xandrez192' therefore, you are a member of XBL and the issue is your are attempting to register twice and you can only have 1 Xbox live account binded to one Windows live ID.

Sorry this didn't help.