Xbox live wireless adaptor no longer able to recieve a connection - but works fine elsewhere

My xbox live connection was all fine until i met a particularly nasty player online. He said he was going to take away my account! The next day i tried to sign in to xbox live and i could no longer get a connection using my wireless adaptor. Now it constantly shows a red light. However, i tested the same adaptor on a different xbox in my house and it had a green light and could get a connection perfectly!

So somehow this player must have disabled the connection between my adaptor and this one xbox. I don't know how that is possible but all i want to know now is how to get it working again! It would be much appreciated if anybody could help.

Well, there have been posts by players who say the same thing "so-and-so somehow is keeping me from play online...".  And there would be replies like:  "it can be done...".  Which makes one wonder how that is possible if your account is so impervious as the mods claim.

More to the point, I have no clue how a random player could disable your hardware.  I can't wait to see the exaplanation by the powers-that-be here for this one...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It's typically coincidence and scare tactics. There's no way someone can adjust your hardware on the software level, across the internet, through two Xbox 360's which don't have background processing.

I've seen people run into issues where the adapter decides it wants to quit working for one console and it is usually due to memory corruption (Which happens on its own).

Try doing things like clearing the system cache, checking for corrupt data, deleting the updates (Using the button method and NOT the format method) and then from there, do a wired connection to get all your updates again. Once the console is completely updated, test the wireless again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much for these suggestions. However, i'm not sure that these would solve the problem as when i checked the adapter on a different xbox, i used the same hard drive as i usually do, so i doubt it would be any problems to do with memory as i had the same memory each time i tested the xbox live connection. I'm not sure how much of this data is stored on the console itself, but I'm afraid to say that I'm not actually sure of how to do the things you suggested  anyway.

I have now tried another adapter on my xbox, and that didn't work wither, so now I'm certain that no adapter in the world would be able to work on this certain xbox. Thanks a lot, but do you think there is anything else I can do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 2 Applies to: