Xbox Live will not connect

no connection to xbox live. i am attempting to connect via wireless on a new xbox  360 s

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello user,

It seems that you are experiencing a hardware failure on your router. If you are using cable internet, you will have a router, and also a modem. These are different, but there are some devices that have both together in one physical box. If it connects with an Ethernet cable, but will not connect wirelessly  it can be a number of problems.

1.) Check that you are connecting to the correct wireless network, and not your neighbors.

2.) Check that password (if you have one) on the wireless network matches.

3.) Router failure can cause Ethernet cables to connect, but wireless to fail.

When routers usually begin to fail, the wireless is the first part of the device to fail. Try a new router, if that works, then the router has failed.

Hope this helped, please give feedback and let me know how I did or contact me if you have any further questions.

Your fellow Xbox Live Ambassador,

Samuel3201

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i am connected to mine not my neighbores  unplugging it and plugging it in worked.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's great! Unfortunately, It sounds like you may have a failing router on your hands. If this problem continues, and continues to fix after a unplug/plugin then the router seems to be on it's way out. Let me know how it turns out, but you may be in the market for another router soon.

Please provide feedback if you can, and let me know if I helped.

Your fellow Xbox Live Ambassador,

Samuel3201

Sorry this didn't help.

Open see if you have Full Cone NAT on that router as well or are you going to notice performance issues when you are connected. This is going to cause a lot of issues if your neighbor is using a PS3 or Xbox 360 and even a Wii trying to share that same NAT. Me and my brother sharing a Router with a NAT that wasn't Full Cone, I turned it over to Full Cone allowing more than one DNS Connection through the Gateway.

Sorry this didn't help.