Xbox Live will not Accept my credit card number

This is driving me crazy. I have been using a credit card for my payments for Xbox Live, but I needed a new card so I did not put any more money on the card. Yesterday, I received the notification that a payment on my previous card did not go through. But I had to wait until my new card came in.

I finally have that card and I went online on my laptop to put it in. However, each time I try to put it in, right below the text bar where I typed in the credit card number, it said 'Please enter a valid Credit Card Number'.

At first, I figured I mistyped, so I check and saw nothing wrong. So I clicked 'save'. The same thing came up. So I erased it and retyped the number, to be sure, and triple checked the number. Again; "Please enter a Valid Credit Card Number".

I know the card is active, it accepts everything else, even the Security Code, but it won't accept the credit card number.

Netflix has also accepted the credit card number, so I know for a fact it's not the card. Can someone please help me with this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2,313 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You need to contact support for your region and resolve any outstanding balances before you can change payment instruments.

If you live in the US/Canada the number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX. For any other region at the top/bottom of this page select SUPPORT, then on the bottom of that page select CONTACT US>BY PHONE. Your region support number will be listed there as long as your region selection here on the website is correct.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been having this same issue repeatedly for 2 months now, wont take my card, will not take paypal. I have changed regions which I told xbox before I left when I cancelled my gold membership, and it is not locked out or anything, so yeah, just a bunch of annoying. I will try to buy a PPC and hope it works.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Germ - can you tell me your exact issue in as much detail as possible? We'd like to help, but we need to know exactly what is happening. Make sure to include any error messages too!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, if you've been suspended from the service, you will need to make a post in the suspension forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

ditto. wont take paypal, my existing cards, new cards, etc... my account is not suspended. I've been using xbox live just fine for months now.... just wanted to buy a game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Everything is back in order now with this issue. We had to call Xbox Live, AGAIN, to fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had the same problem as well. Last year I used my debit card, and then I had a new card sent to me and when I tried to change my payment plan they wouldn't accept the new card. Now this year I got a new bank account and wanted to renew my account but to no avail. Card not accepted, enter a valid card number. Is there still no fix for this? To many people seem to have this same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

your billing address must match the region of your account

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an update with my account. Right now, I have been suspended from Gold!

And Xbox will STILL not accept my credit card, while even other companies, like Netflix, have. Over and over again, I have selected that payment option, and still they did not take money out. And now, they suspend me?

This is not acceptable. The card was brand new, money was on it. I've had enough.

Right now, I do not have any money on the card, because I had to pay other things today (Internet, for example), but I'm calling Xbox and... well, to put it as others would say it 'Showing my A*s'. Unless I get an answer between then and now to have this resolved...

Ugh.... I'm sorry, but it's been about a month, and there's no reason they could not take money off of the card.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any idea if they are ever gonna solve this freaknig issue, i can't add my card neither

Sorry this didn't help.