Xbox Live Update Public Beta

Just applied, have not got a product key... When and how do I get one?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Keep checking the website to see when more keys may be available. Also read some of the forum posts here to give you more of a heads up.

I applied early last night and I'm still waiting on one. The nerve Microsoft has to make me wait more than a full day is...is ridiculous!

Anyway, in all seriousness just keep checking the Connect page every once in a while. I'll post here/around if I get one so you can check.....or whatever.

i  nkow how you feel  bro

Same

Still waiting

Here's my question: I agreed to all the terms, it gave me a screen saying "congratulations, you are in the beta testing etc. etc.".........however no key.

So, am I in the testing group and will get a key eventually if I keep checking the Connect site or is it first come first serve and if I am not lucky enough to happen upon an available key then I am actually NOT in the test group and am out of luck?

Also, I do not have Kinnect and do not want it.....will this effect my eligibility (assuming the message stating I WAS in the beta test group is not exactly correct)?

The survey that you took while registering had no effect of you getting a key. If I am correct, it was first come, first serve. I signed up prior the minute I received the email & as soon as I was done registering I clicked "Request new key" and connect provided me with a key.

@Kevin - Most everyone has to wait to get the product key. So, yes, you're in the beta, but just haven't gotten the key yet (same as me). Also, you don't have to have Kinect, because IE doesn't need it to use it anyway. I think everyone will get a key that got accepted into the beta, but it will just take time.

LOL....two completely different answers in a one min. time period.  

Thanks to both of you but I wish there was some official answer to this as I do NOT want to waste time on a lost cause.