XBOX LIVE UPDATE FAILED-haven't had it since the 2/15/12 update

Have attempted literally everything. 
-direct usb update

-Cleared download cache

-RB, LB, x, RB, LB, x-whatever that does

-Contacted support twice to no prevail

-Disconnected hard drive and attempted update

The usb update ran, but whenever i restart and attempt to login to my account i get a message

"Your xbox requires an update, but that update is currently unavailable"

I'm at a college so i can't do any router settings. Internet speed is fast enough because I was playing on 2/14/12 till 4am then the update was sent out at 6a.m. and the next day i could no longer log on. I get ethernet, internet, but then the test fails when attempting to connect xbox live (During network test)

when the 2/24/12 update  came up i kept getting an error code and contacted support. After doing the RB, LB, whatever i used a usb to attempt the update. The update ran, but the error stated above appeared and now the xbox will no longer even attempt an update.

no idea what's wrong but I have put a good 5 hours into fixing it and nothing has worked. 

Let me know if anybody has the same problem or has a solution

(Don't give me "Hey Jacko61 lets run through some troubleshooting" bull-*** because i'm sick of it)

Thanks

:JB:

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Jacko! I understand you are having some issues updating your console! I see that you are connecting to the internet on a college campus. Not having access to the modem and router will limit the steps we can try. That said, if you have the ability to connect on a different network at a friend or family member's house, that would be easier from a troubleshooting stand point.

That said, the actual key command is LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X. Doing this while highlighting the Hard Drive option in the Storage menu will signal to the console to update again. You can also try this in conjunction with using a USB device to update as well to see if that gives you a different result.

Try that out and please let me know if there is any possibility of a different network connection. I look forward to hearing from you, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.