Xbox Live Update Error 3151-335A-1380-091C-C000-0032

I got this error code earlier today when I tried to install the new update. Since then I've tried to install the update through a usb flashdrive (removing all other storage devices beforehand) and I'm still prompted to update when signing in to Xbox Live (though I noticed that the manual update download here says it was last modified on 5/17/2011 so I wonder if that's actually the current update?). I know there's a lot of threads out there already covering similar topics, but none of them seem to match my exact error code.

I've also heard that a lot of these error codes are being generated from supposed "tampering" of the 360 unit. However, my 360 is fairly new, purchased in early 2010, and I haven't had any problems up to now. I've never repaired it, opened the case or anything else. My hard drive is an old 20gb from my launch 360, and other than that I have two flashdrives for storage.

And for the record, this isn't happening to just my 360, but also my roommate's, another arcade unit purchased in early 2010. Again, he's had no troubles with his 360 and no history of repairs. All he has on it is a 20gb hard drive harvested from his dead launch 360, and aside from Mass Effect he only uses it for Netflix.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Though I don't see your error message listed on this page, please take a few minutes to make sure you've tried all of the troubleshooting steps listed up top. If those do no resolve your issue, please call phone support at 800-4MY-XBOX. Please let me know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

give me 1400 points and you say you have to do

Sorry this didn't help.

Have either you or your roomate removed the storage devices and left only 1 plugged in? specifically have you removed the HDD from the console and tried the update with just one of the flash drives or memory units connected and seen if that takes care of anything?

Sorry this didn't help.