Xbox Live Tenure Issue - 9 years to 6 years

A friend of mine recently pointed out to me that my Tenure had dropped from 9 years to 6 years. I have followed all of the steps in the sticky numerous times and have also checked my billing history, and by my calculations I should be at 9 years 4 months(ish). If someone could look into this for me that would be great. Thanks. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hey there DarkJade!  Official Support here.  I did a bit of poking and it looks like in your case 8 would be the accurate Tenure, so that's a little funky. Do you remember the date you first noticed this?  Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Dragon! Certainly understand it was awhile back and you might not remember exactly, but thank you for the time frame, it helps! We'll keep checking this out on our end, in the meantime it wouldn't hurt to keep trying those suggested steps every once in awhile to watch for your tenure to display accurately. Let us know how it goes on your end and we'll keep you updated from ours. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I seem to remember it was sometime in January that it was pointed out to me, but I don't remember the exact date. I didn't really even care that much as I thought things would sort themselves out eventually. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are there any steps I need to take to get this looked at by an Official Forums Support team member? I appreciate the help from the Ambassadors, but definite answers are always better than speculation.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!

There has recently been a new update, regarding tenure. This update is, if you have had an account for 10 years, but only had gold for 5, your account tenure will be set to the time you have accumulated as a gold member. So, you may have had a silver account for 5 years and gold for 5 - your tenure may switch from 10 to 5. However, if you're thinking "Well, I have never been silver" then there is an issue regarding tenure of which is being resolved. You can look at the Tenure Issue link provided, to keep updated with any new posts regarding this issue. More information can be found there in relation to the update as well! 

Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is a little quote from that link that may explain it better than my example:

Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has finished.

However, if you have had 9 years of gold paid for all together, your tenure should then be 9. If that is the case, then you may be one of the users who are facing this issue. I can assure you, in my own experience, issues are resolved as fast as they possibly can, sometimes the times vary though.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may bring. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had silver for brief periods of time (maybe a day or so at most),  as I did not have the auto renew activated for my account since I usually purchased the 12 month prepaid cards. As far as I understood your Tenure should be a cumulative time that you have actually had a Gold membership, not the length of uninterrupted Gold status. I have gone through the effort of actually adding up my total Gold time based on my billing history, and I feel it should be at 9 based on all the information I have been given/found on the forums. I know that it has been an ongoing issue and that it is being looked into, but it would be nice to have confirmation that I'm calculating this properly.

Sorry this didn't help.