Z:  0000-0000
ID: 0005-0000
L:  8015-100D
Q:  8015-100D
T:  Wireless
D:  68.105.28.12, 68.105.29.12
S:  WPA2
C:

Hello Xbox Live community, I was hoping you could make me with my connection issues. I just wanna state real quick that I did try all support (ICMP Responses) and failed and I am not one of those people that instantly post on forums when I have a problem, so please don't just send me a link to the same support page, unless the problem was recognized and pointed out.

I recently bought a brand new router, because our old one just got too old. The old one worked fine and easily with my xbox. I set up my new router, and my computer and other wired devices are working fine. The problem is when I turn on my xbox I can connect to Live and everything, but when i attempt to join a game or party, I get disconnected from xbox live. And once I am disconnected, I can't reconnect to xbox live at all. So I thought for sure this was a router problem because I didn't have it on my old one. After spending hours on live chat with support, going through and changing random settings and still no success, she just told me to google seach "xbox live ICMP response support". I was done with her as well as i instantly quit the chat.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I seemed to have skipped a few answer on the top, here is the full thing.

Things you have tried: Live chat with linksys for hours, restarting modem,router in order, check compatiblity, etc.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? Ummmmm???

Any Error Codes you encounter: "Router/Modem isn't receiveing ICMP responses"

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Cox Communications

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It might be that your router is not compatible with Xbox Live.  The Linksys E3200 has not been tested for compatibility with Xbox Live and therefore the particular firmware might not be able to connect correctly.  This doesn't mean that it won't connect at all it might just not have the most recent firmware.

Make sure you have the most up to date firmware on your router and if you do, your router might not be compatible with Xbox live.  You can find the link below to a list of routers that have been tested for compatibility for Xbox live.

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

Sorry this didn't help.

On the box, it says its compatible with Windows 7, but yestrerday I turned it on and it would work for a second like it usually does, and then a random message "Could not communicate with Xbox Live" popped up.

Sorry this didn't help.