Xbox Live support for Xbox 360 games and Hardware?

What year will Microsoft cut Xbox Live support for 360 games and Hardware? They canclelled XBL support for the Original Xbox back in 2010, almost 5 years into the 360's lifespan. Will they do the same thing for the Xbox 360 when the Next gen Xbox Hardware hits stores?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Difficult to say, I'd like to see them do better than the 50% of the Original Catalogue being backwards compatible for the 360, at the very least, many great games have disappeared into obscurity because of the last changeover and it'd be a cryin' shame if history repeats itself here again.  We'll probably get the same rhetoric on how "we need to clear room for the new" but with the rapid advancement in networking and technological capabilities I don't buy that, they could make it happen if they wanted to.  Some will go on about how, "oh, but they tried to make 'XBOX Classics' available on the 'Marketplace', but sales were poor" crap, but don't seem to get why consumers are bewildered about having to buy the same game twice when they all ready own a hard copy that's in mint condition.  The longer that it takes for the NEXTBox to hit the stores, the chances of our current Hardware having "Xbox Live support" weaken every year, maybe they'll do better this time around and then cleverly use it as a sales pitch for increasing membership dues to accommodate these "Maintenance Costs"...:-)  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

Difficult to say, I'd like to see them do better than the 50% of the Original Catalogue being backwards compatible for the 360, at the very least, many great games have disappeared into obscurity because of the last changeover and it'd be a cryin' shame if history repeats itself here again.  We'll probably get the same rhetoric on how "we need to clear room for the new" but with the rapid advancement in networking and technological capabilities I don't buy that, they could make it happen if they wanted to.  Some will go on about how, "oh, but they tried to make 'XBOX Classics' available on the 'Marketplace', but sales were poor" crap, but don't seem to get why consumers are bewildered about having to buy the same game twice when they all ready own a hard copy that's in mint condition.  The longer that it takes for the NEXTBox to hit the stores, the chances of our current Hardware having "Xbox Live support" weaken every year, maybe they'll do better this time around and then cleverly use it as a sales pitch for increasing membership dues to accommodate these "Maintenance Costs"...:-)  

[/quote]This and to add, I really hope any downloaded Arcade/Indie games and DLC work as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Lactos292"]

[quote user="Arkham99"]

[/quote]This and to add, I really hope any downloaded Arcade/Indie games and DLC work as well.

[/quote]

Yeah, the DLC bit will be interesting.  If none of our Xbox LIVE Arcade games or DLC is compatible (assuming the core games for said DLC are compatible, of course), it's just another reason not to like DLC :p.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.