Xbox Live security Changes asked to verify new email, Now its signed my email up to a new gamertag

Hello, When I signed into to xbox Live this morning, it went through a complex security update, it asked me to add another email to verify my account was in good stead. I did this using my new email address. However it popped up it needed to be verified by clicking the link in an email on this account, so I did this and it told me to sign in on Xbox.com. However after doing this it signed me up to an new xbox gamertag and account (Which I do not want), Signing in to Xbox console and changing my email to my new current one just pops up with 'Sorry this email is in association with another account' when it shouldn't be. I followed everything the console said to do and now I have two accounts. I don't want this 'TurfyCastle10' account. I like it very much if this account was closed so I can add my new email to my actual account which is Barretto24.

Thanks

Mike 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

It sounds to me like you have forgotten the Microsoft account associated with your xbox live account. When you have your Microsoft account associated with a Microsoft account it wont allow you to associate the Micorsoft account with another gamertag. Try another email address that you might have used on the xbox live account or call support, give them your gamertag, Confirm that you are the owner of the account by answerring the security questions and they will be able to confirm the Microsoft account associated with your xbox live account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Apologies... When you have a Microsoft account associated with an Xbox Live account it wont let you associate it with a second Xbox live account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.