Xbox Live Rubberbanding and Party Issues

I connect to the internet just fine on my Xbox. I have full signal strength and when I run a connection test everything works perfectly without any messages.

My IP address keeps changing so I set it to manual with the subnet and gateway what they should be also.

I am using an Xbox I bought from a store in 2007 and I have a white wireless adapter attached to the back.

All needed ports are forwarded and UPnP is off so they can work.

I've done practically everything, but whenever I'm in a party with my friends (who use ethernet connections with no problems whatsoever) they can't hear a word I say or sometimes it just cuts out.Even on Xbox dashboard. And in every game I play, I rubber band like crazy. I can't even move sometimes even though I can connect to the server. What the balls is wrong with my Xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 85 Applies to:

Destroy you 2, The first thing I would recommend is trying to direct connecting to check to see if it is your internet connection or a router problem. Alot of time the xbox wireless adapters go bad. Also what type of connetion are you using is it wireless N? If it is the white xbox adapter is not configured for that type of highspeed connection. So that could be causing you to rubberband. I would also double check the router settings on your router to make sure that your wireless settings are configured correctly. Alot of times routers will change settings in order to help to increase performance. I hope this helps I would also recommend checking this link to make sure that your router is compatable with XBL usage http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live. You can also try this link to improve your XBL speed. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/performance. I hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My router is an Cisco E3000 and I've never had any problems with it until now.

I am running N, but it worked fine with the forwarded ports until it switched IP's.

Even after changing the forwarded ports to the new IP that I made solid.

My internet speed is incredibly fast and three computers can stream HD video at once if the router is kept cool.

I can connect with no issues, it's just incredible rubber banding and party chat issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just looked back at my Xbox settings and it says G, but everything else can connect to N.

Also, I just now was able to play for a bit with no rubber banding, but I know nothing of party chat just yet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nevermind, it lagged again.

Sorry this didn't help.

To rule out router problems, please scrounge an Ethernet cable and run it direct from the console to the modem. If the artifacts persist, that's a slam-dunk, lead-pipe-cinch indictment of your ISP who likely is delaying the traffic on ports 3074 (UDP+TCP) and maybe also 88 (UDP only).

Sorry this didn't help.

this kid gt is xxMGCxxSWISSxx7 he keep coming in our party threat to hack us for no reason and he did it i think he need to get take care of because he threat alot of people for no reason at all we was playing he got mad bz he lose

Sorry this didn't help.

Ms ButterCup21: Please don't name any players who you believe are misbehaving. Report them on the console, yes, but don't 'name-and-shame' here.  Also, when you post in here, the folks who answer here focus not on bad gamer problems, but on technical connection issues, so the forum forums.xbox.com/.../8.aspx is the appropriate forum for such issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="DESTROY YOU 2"]

I connect to the internet just fine on my Xbox. I have full signal strength and when I run a connection test everything works perfectly without any messages.

... whenever I'm in a party with my friends (who use ethernet connections with no problems whatsoever) they can't hear a word I say or sometimes it just cuts out.Even on Xbox dashboard. And in every game I play, I rubber band like crazy.

[/quote]

Can you please try connecting with an ethernet cord instead of wireless, in order to rule out wireless interference in your vicinity (e.g. neighbouring WLANs, or neighbours using a wireless baby monitor, that causes problems with 802.11G WLAN in the 2.4GHz frequency range)?

Additionally, can you go to http://www.speedtest.net and post the results here?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seriously guys? I have stated my internet is fine, it's the Xbox. But now I got it running after a firmware update. You all tell me to check if it's my internet when I know it's not. Thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

They were asking you to hardwire to your internet, they never said it was your internet.  If you were to hardwire and it worked perfectly it would show that it could be wireless interference, or if it was the wireless adapter.  Just a tip for next time.  Glad to know it works now though.

Sorry this didn't help.