Xbox Live Rewards... The Less You Do...

I've been an Xbox live rewards member since the program started as I thought it was a pretty decent idea. I wouldn't say I have the most active live account when it comes to xbla purchases (I have about 50-60 arcade games and a fair ol' bit of DLC)

My activity is as follows

12/12/2010 Completed December Survey 20
01/04/2011 Completed January Survey 20
02/03/2011 Completed February Survey 20
03/01/2011 Completed March Survey 20
03/31/2011 Stayed Gold in March – 5% Back on All March Marketplace Spend 100
04/01/2011 Completed April Survey 20
04/30/2011 Stayed Gold in April – 5% Back on All April Marketplace Spend 90
05/03/2011 Completed May Survey 20
06/10/2011 Completed June Survey 20
07/12/2011 Completed July Survey 20
08/11/2011 Completed August Survey 20
08/17/2011 Renewed 12 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership 200
09/05/2011 Completed September Survey 20
09/15/2011 Purchased any 2 Avatar Items or More in September 80
Totals 580 msp received due to my xbox live activity. Not bad for free I says!

However, like a few other people I know, I have a second silver account on my box. Mainly for trying out borrowed games or games I'm not sure I want staining my gamerscore.

Recently checked the email addy of the second account and an email from the Xbox Live Rewards Team was sitting there. Basically, for being such a loyal silver account they were offering 800 msp to sign up to their program! Huwaaaah?

Anyone else had the same thing? It can still benefit me because anything purchased with that account is still playable but it just strikes me as odd rewarding what is in effect a dead account and rewarding it more than, say, an average Gold users account.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Steve Of The O"] games I'm not sure I want staining my gamerscore.
[/quote] What? Dumbest thing I have ever heard to be honest.

[quote user="HighlandRainbow"]

[quote user="Steve Of The O"] games I'm not sure I want staining my gamerscore.
[/quote] What? Dumbest thing I have ever heard to be honest.

[/quote]

that was the only part i picked up on as well.

The bit you both picked up on is something that was a slight bugbear. I've got a few games that I tried out and it pops ten gamerscore when I have no intention of getting into the game. Once you have a game with gamerscore on your list its not deletable. Doesn't bother me in a huge way but some people hide their recently played games and I can't understand why they'd do that either.

Either way I was only asking if a lot of other people have been rewarded this same way, and was further making the point it was odd they are rewarding inactivity more so than someone who actively purchases and plays through live.

Appreciate you taking the time out to respond.

they do offer special offers to silver members but you get more offers being a gold member, like this month is stay gold and get 5% back on all purchases from market place. which is nice. they're always doing new offers.

Just checked my other account and it comes up with this offer, can't complain at 800 points for free! just wish I could remember the password to my US account to see if that would work as well.

Nothing for me =(

[quote user="sparklefingers"]

they do offer special offers to silver members but you get more offers being a gold member, like this month is stay gold and get 5% back on all purchases from market place. which is nice. they're always doing new offers.

[/quote]Agreed, they do overall reward you more for staying gold. It's all good.

I've been a member of the rewards program since 2010 and I've managed to get 795 points.

-

So getting 800 for signing up to the site for a silver member is amazing.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I've been a member of the rewards program since 2010 and I've managed to get 795 points.

-

So getting 800 for signing up to the site for a silver member is amazing.

[/quote]That's more than me, I signed up In December 2010 and have made 770 points, Agreed that the offer for silvers Is quite remarkable.

Cheers for putting this up Steve.
I barely ever check the E-mail in-box for my 2nd account, so without you posting this I would have missed out on those points for signing up.

Thanks a lot bud I owe you 1, no 2, no 800, bah you know what I mean!!!!. LOL :).

Spiderman FTW :P....