Xbox live representative(?) threatens to ban.

I was playing gta 5 when I met [Mod Removed] who claimed to be a representative of xbox over chat and hos bio and then he blatantly announced that he was using a glitch (which he said was to stop others from doing it????), and then claimed that I was using the glitch also when i figured out how to kill him in his "invincible mode" (I ran him over). He became mad when I denied using a glitch and said I was being flagged and that soon I would be banned for 6 months.  I was wondering if there is a way to confirm him being a rep and if he is lying having him banned impersonating a Microsoft employee (who, in hos bio, also claims to be sponsored by).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

File a complaint, block communications.

It's also against forum policy to 'name and shame', the only way for the user to be reported is to file a complaint as mentioned. That person clearly isn't an Xbox rep and impersonating one is a violation of the Service.  

file a complaint to that player.

I would file a complaint on that player.

Scooby Doo

Since NO ambassador or reps can ban a person,   You have no argument.   Please just REPORT them, block-avoid-  and move on from this person.  What price are you paying????

So were would I go for a list of reps and ambassadors? I would hate to find out he actually was one and now i'm paying the price because of a bad ambassador/rep.

A months old thread that has already been answered, bumped by repeating the same thing already mentioned several times. You'll be a great ambassador.

Do you think that`s going to get you some XP rough rider?

[quote user="Brand0n 354"]

So were would I go for a list of reps and ambassadors? I would hate to find out he actually was one and now i'm paying the price because of a bad ambassador/rep.

[/quote]There is a quick way to find out if said person is an employee.  They won't tell you that you will be banned, you just get banned, with an email sent to the email address associated with your live ID.  MS employees don't send messages stating that they will ban you, they just do it.  Furthermore Ambassadors have no "special access" to MS employees either, they are just another user who uses live, but volunteers their time to assist others with issues with connecting, etc. 

While some people state that they see nothing done by the ones who do the banning and such from Live (Policy Enforcement Team), they do in fact ban people and consoles all the time, and people post inquiries in the suspensions forum DAILY asking why they got banned (another form of proof that MS employees don't send threatening emails before they ban someone).

Like everyone else is saying, file a complaint via his gamertag profile and the XBLPET will take care of it from there. No real "Rep" has the power to ban you and wouldn't threaten you like this kid did. The only people who have access to the banhammer is the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team and they don't make threats. File a complaint, block, then go on with your day.

When you post in the forums and include the gamertag of another player and an action they performed that you felt was in violation of the Terms of Use, that's called "Name and Shame".  And that is actually against forum rules.  As has been stated, the proper way to handle a complaint is to use the console's File Complaint function.  By doing this, you will have created a ticket, which will be put into some Policy Enforcement Team member's work file, and they will investigate and address it appropriately.  Not trying to discourage you from reporting wrong-doers, just want to help you do it correctly and efficiently.  Thanks for helping keep our community clean and safe.