Xbox live renewal incident

Here's the story short.

A few weeks earlier i got a text message from "XBOX LIVE" (to the # associtated with the account) saying if i wanted to continue having renewal on or to turn it off. In order to due so i had to reply with my answer, so i said "NO." So i got a confirmation saying xbox live auto renewal is now off. Yesterday i check my e-mail connected to my xbox account saying auto renewal on..charged another "1 month of xbox gold membership."  I was pretty sure i declined to have renewal off in the text message i got. I currently DO  NOT have any access to my account since i don't have an xbox. I called xbox live and they can't give me a refund because they just don't want to give back my 10 dollars that i did not intend to spend on a 1 month membership. I am very disappointed with xbox live in the refund policy. So it is my fault of this incident and that is what xbox live is telling me. If i cannot get a refund can i AT LEAST get my account "FROZEN" if i happen to get an xbox AGAIN. 10 dollars down the drain is a loss of mines and a gain of XBOX live. It's just 10 dollars i want back, its all i ask for. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You mean a message over XBL from a GT called XBOX LIVE asking you if you wanted auto renewal on or off? If so you've been had.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as I know, you always had to ring Xbox Support to turn off Automatic Renewal unless you went in the 3 lucky states in the US.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.