Xbox Live Renewal Error?

Hey guys,

I've had auto renewal on my xbox live membership for 6 years straight now. I got a confirmation email about 2 months ago that my live was renewed yet again. I have been able to play online and do everything with my friends, but I noticed that it's not letting me download any of the games with gold games in August. I've been playing Battlefield online and in parties with my friends all week, you have to have live for that right? I'm not really sure what to do, I can't find my official Xbox membership on the website. I go to "manage account", but I don't really see anything that talks about the last day I renewed it, or if I'm actually a member at all. 

Can anyone help me? It would be much appreciated!

-Pen h3ad

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:
Answer

I tried holding the power for 10 seconds. It definitely did a power cycle (which I didn't know by the way, thank you). I logged back on, then searched Metal Gear Solid 5 in the marketplace. However, it still will not let me download it. It simply says "Buy $19.99" and "Free with Gold", but when I click free with gold it takes me to a menu that prompts me to buy membership. Is there a new way to download these? This has always worked for me before, I'm not sure why it would suddenly do this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

You can verify your membership end date through https://commerce.microsoft.com but according to your gamer card the gold text indicates that you are in fact still a Gold member. Can you tell us how you attempted to get the Games with Gold? Through the Xbox or through the website? If it was through the Xbox, try doing a power cycle on your console (hold the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off), then try again. If you haven't already try and download it from the Marketplace Store. Let us know what you find out. Thanks,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.