Xbox Live Recovers the Wong Gamertag

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my live account.  I had some hardware trouble but its fixed now, but I can't recover my gamertag.

I'm hitting the dashboard button, selecting "recover gamertag" and putting in my live account information.  It finds a tag and recovers it but its the wrong one.   Even when I log in to the live website it says the wrong name.  My old tag is still on live, my friends still have me on their lists.

One time I got a bunch of baloons and the right avatar ran out on my screen, I think it said something about setting up the network properly that time but I'm not sure.

Anyone had this problem and/or know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello, this is because you are using the wrong e-mail address to recover your account (or your account has been compromised and your Windows Live ID has been changed that was associated with the account). If you think that you've been compromised in some way and don't have access to the e-mail/password that you used before please contact XBOX Support Immediately for your region. Since you can't follow the steps to check if the Windows Live ID is actually correct (since the only way to do that would be to have the gamertag already on your XBOX 360 console and going to My XBOX > Selecting your gamertag's avatar > Account Management and Windows Live ID would be listed there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.