Xbox Live randomly disconnecting

What Country/State/Province do you live in? United States/ Ohio
Modem brand & model number: None
Router brand & model number: None
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?White external and internal
Things you have tried: restarting xbox, redownloading profile, clearing system cache, tried wireless and wired, used xbox classic and slim
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? Moderate
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner Cable Business Class
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-000B
X: 0000-F001
Y: 20A8-48E0
Z: 0000-0000
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L: 0015-10F0
Q: 8015-100C
T: Wired
A: 10.59.9.24/255.255.0.0
G: 10.59.5.1
D: 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

Yes its the classic xbox keeps disconnecting, but I'm hoping to find out why. Be it sitting in the dashboard for 5 minutes, playing singleplayer campaign, or playing online multiplayer for an hour, xbox live will randomly boot me and i am able to immediately reconnect. I don't have these issues with the same xbox on a different network with moderate NAT. I've tried multiple xboxes, different accounts,  different ethernet hook ups, wireless and wired, all hours of the day, it is 100% random and without reason. I'm in college campus apartments with others also complaining, so obviously my first idea is i just don't have a good enough connection.... my up and down are around 20 Mbps and a ping of 13ms, jitter of 12ms and 0 packets lost on the same exact wire i use for my xbox. I talked to the office and the apartment doesn't have a modem, i guess its just a direct connect or something over my head, but there's nothing that i can reset or ask to get reset and i have no control of the ports. The office gave me a number to my ISP's help desk and he told me short of my apartment buying a different internet package theres nothing they can do on their end. So big question, what is kicking my xbox live because it doesn't appear to be a fault in my connection. On a side note Hulu and Youtube have never cut out even after a couple hours, maybe coincidence?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Scratch that, hulu just disconnected on me, it was coincidence

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been having a similar problem and am also in an apartment complex.  I've even tried using the Wireless-N adapter and while that boosts signal strength, I'm still being randomly disconnected.Someone had a topic about Halo 4 cutting out due to it having difficulty jiving with older modems.  Its possible the multiple disconnects are due to something like this.  I'd ask the ISP how old your apartment complex's modem is and if that makes any difference.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.