Xbox Live random disconnects 9/1/2013

Hi, tonight I've been randomly disconnecting from Xbox live/party chat/Black ops 2.

The connection was fine earlier today (around 2pm and again at around 6pm) and I am connecting via Ethernet. When these disconnects occur, my PC remains connected to the internet fine its just XBL and my games that dc.

When the DC's happen, it reports on the line tester thing built in that while my xbox is connected to the internet it cannot reach XBL.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I only at the top of my head know 2 reasons why this might be happening. First, maybe the two times you stated were just bad because someone else is using internet too in the house. Second, the game might be having an update or xbox in general so yeah. Sometimes its not even your fault and your connection is terrible, I know you feel. Well good luck and I hope you get to play online without any further interruptions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Scotland/Scottish Borders

Modem brand & model number: I do not have a modem

Router brand & model number: belkin f5d7632-4 using an ETHERNET cable

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried: Resetting router via the xbox connection troubleshooter instructions, turning xbox off and back on again.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No NAT error and NAT is open.

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? BT 

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10f0

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wired

D:

S:

C:

There is no DSC on my more info but an A.G,D which list my subnet and internal network ip address and the gateway address.

Sorry this didn't help.

M3dIeV4L G4M3R I wish it was as simple as you suggest however, I am the only internet savvy person in the house the rest of them dont even know how to turn on a laptop. Also, the disconnects didnt affect anyone else in my party it was just me apparantly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Lady!  Please give these steps a try: Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE.  They're the best general suggestions for disconnects, and if they don't help, we can dig into the nitty-gritty of it.

Sorry this didn't help.