XBOX LIVE RANDOM DISCONNECT ISSUE

Hello support team and other viewers.

//

//

I keep having this issue and really do not know what to do. I have posted on other threads about my issue and have given out the required information to help the support team find my issue.

//

//

I am posting my own thread just to get all my information out there and to let the support team know more about my own situation so they can have a better understanding of what might be happening.

//

//

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US/NC
Modem brand & model number:  
I am using the Ubee brand modem which is modem and router. It provides wireless and wired networking.
Router brand & model number:
NONE
Network Connection Type: Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried:  Ive done hardware restart, opened up ports for forwarding, set NAT to enabled
Is UPnP Enabled? YES
Is NAT Type Open? It is enabled, dont know if that is the same.
Any Error Codes you encounter: No errors, i can reconnect fine, just get disconnected randomly.
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  Time Warner
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

//

Will update in future when i test my connection.

EDIT: 12:47 EST 8/11/11

DISCONNECTED IN DASHBOARD WHILE TYPING OUT THIS LONG POST LOL!:

STATUS

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

//

I will try and keep my connection issues up to date. Stay tuned.

//

DISCONNECTION THEORIES:

1) I think it has something to do with XBOX LIVE but of course that's everyones first thought whenever they get disconnected but you still cant rule it out. This is also a possibility because ive only started having this issue after XBOX LIVE went down last week.

//

2) Maybe its my XBOX. I have an elite console which i have had to return to Microsoft a few times because of ring of death. I also saw on another thread that people were only having issues of this nature on there ELITE console exclusively. Again cant rule it out.

//

3) My ISP is crap and i need to get a new one. Not to fond of this one considering ive been using this ISP for about 4 months now without any problems. Still cant rule it out though have called them to actually get any evidence to say its them.

//

4) After some thought i considered it may be because my brother is using a static IP for his XBOX which might be causing issues. See what i did for him to have an internet connection on his XBOX is bridged his wireless connection from his computer to his XBOX. That could be an issue but i haven't really checked into it to rule it out at this point.

//

Let me know if you have any suggestions on what i should do. Or if you have any theories of your own please post them.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have noticed a trend of disconnection issues with your model of modem/router. Typically this goes away if you connect a stand alone router and use that. Do you have a router you could borrow to test this out?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.