Xbox Live profile corrupted.

I've been having problems with my xbox live profile for the last several months. Basically what will happen is that the profile with completely reset, losing it's avatar, gamerscore, everything but the name.

In order to fix this problem I generally recover the gamertag from xbox live, but now that is only helping for very brief periods of time. Once in a while I will recover an already corrupt profile, and usually it only serves to fix the problem until the next time I sign in.

The problem started happening about 2-3 months after I started using a USB stick to store my profile, I do this because I have the new model xbox, which doesn't have memory card support (Bad idea Xbox...) and it is the easiest way to transport my profile and game saves to the 6 different Xboxes I could use at any point in time. 1 at home, 1 at my parents', and 4 at a cybercafe/gaming lounge. This problem ONLY affects my profile, no other profiles on the stick are ever affected. And all the game data loads and works as it should.

I have reformatted the USB stick already, and that only resolved the issue for a couple of days, I am not about to repeat the process of moving all the data off the stick, reformatting it, then moving it all back every time I have this issue. But since the account-creation server is apparently down for xbox live, I can't recover my gamertag right now. Any tips/remedies?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

When your profile got corrupted did you MOD it , because when I did that all of the same problems happened.And when i tried to recover it whent to another account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem I have. My gamerscore shows up as 0g, and my avatar tries to reset, and force me to pick a new one. When I hit Connect to Xbox Live it also has a habit of then bringing up a list of other profiles to sign in with despite already being signed in to mine.

Sorry this didn't help.

This sounds like a problem I just had today, I put it in a separate post just a second ago. It's not an issue with the USB, I am using a 360s 200g, I recovered my account in January when I bought it(after my xbox red ringed for the fourth time) and I had no issues until today. I did recover my data from my old hard drive about a week ago(bought the cable for $25, kinda a rip after I had to fork out 300 for a new xbox, but whatever) and just today I sign in and achievements and avatar etc. won't load.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to double post. Just wanted to update that today it did the same thing again. I'm also starting to have a problem where I am forced to delete my profile or it won't recover from Xbox Live. Deleting the profile today I accidentally hit the "Profile and Items" option, and because noone apparently had the sense to include a  "WARNING! You are about to delete ALL YOUR GAME DATA. Continue?" popup to prevent miss-clicks like this I have lost approximately 200-250 hours worth of saved data from my memory stick.

So now I am nothing but frustrated.

Sorry this didn't help.

I will try that now. Thank you for the suggestion.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried clearing your cache, and then try recovering the gamertag?

Sorry this didn't help.