Xbox Live problems, new console, help?

Hey guys, I recently bought an Xbox 360 S console with the built in wifi, and after ,essing around for awhile I deceided to join XBL, now my internet is pretty awful. The highest I've ever seen it was at .88mbps, i'm paying for a cheap bundle for up to 8mb, so my Xbox can connect to the internet but when it tries to connect to Xbox Live it tells me there's an update available, which I click to do which then tells me there's a problem with my connection to Xbox LIve and I should do the scan again, any help would be nice Thanks :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Scout! For a slower connection like this, you might want to try manually updating the console. You can get all the files and steps you need for this process here (support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help), but don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns during this time. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Scout don't listen to him, it's not your internet. Microsoft dropped the ball and mucked up the new update so now a bunch of people can't connect. Microsoft probably hasn't even looked into solving this issue so don't hold your breath waiting to be able to play any time soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.