Xbox Live Problem

Hi all,

I recently bought 3 Month Gold Membership and upon redeeming the code I had to connect to XBL. Since I've just shifted, I have not ever connected to my wireless network, so I did. I selected my wireless network and it prompted me for the password. And then, I had to test the connection. It then said that testing connection would "sign everyone out". Not really knowing what it meant by that, I just went ahead to test the connection, and the problem starts. It says that there was a problem with my connection, and a few seconds later the Internet, Wireless, and Phone light indicated on modem disappeared. Totally gone, and the whole house didn't have wireless/internet/phone line connection. I restarted my modem and the 3 lights were still off. After contacting my service provider, they guided me through resetting the modem and both the phone line and the internet lights on the modem were back on, but not the wireless. So they said they'll send in someone to change the modem for me. Today, my modem got changed, and the wireless was working fine.. until I tried to connect to XBL. The same problem occured, I chose the wireless connection, and then tested my connection.. and all 3 lights went off, never to turn on again even when I have resetted the power countless times. Currently waiting for another modem to arrive.. and I'm sure the same problem will occur if I tried connecting to XBL. What seems to be the problem? Am I doing anything wrong? Why does my modem's internet and wireless get affected everytime I try to test connection, and they will never work again? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello,

Where does the error occur?

NETWORK: FAILED
INTERNET: FAILED
XBOX LIVE: FAILED
NAT: CONNECTION WARNING

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello xbox360italy,

Problem occurs on the first test (NETWORK: FAILED). When this happens, all other household appliances that uses the wireless network disconnects from the wireless network and is unable to get internet connection, and as indicated above in my first post, the 3 lights (Wireless, Internet, Phone line) disappears and will not come back on.

Do you happen to know what seems to be the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok

Check your wireless password

Try entering your wireless network password again.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  3. Select Network Settings.
  4. Select the name of your wireless network.
  5. Press the Y button on your controller to disconnect from your wireless network.
  6. Select the name of your wireless network again.
  7. Enter your wireless network password and then select Done.

Can't remember your wireless network password? See How to find your wireless network password.

If this solution worked, your console will connect to Xbox LIVE.

Note If you are prompted to update your console software, select Yes

--

Check your DHCP setting

Your router or gateway can automatically give your Xbox 360 console an IP address by using something called Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). If you don't have a router or gateway, skip this solution (click No at the bottom of the page).

Find out if DHCP is turned on

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Network or your wireless network name.
  4. Select Configure Network.
  5. Check your IP Address.

If your IP address is 0.0.0.0 or begins with 169, it means your router or gateway doesn't have DHCP turned on. Turn on DHCP so that your router will automatically give your console an IP address.

Turn on DHCP

1. Log on to your router's web-based configuration page and check the DHCP setting. Refer to your router's documentation for help turning on DHCP.
  2. If you change the DHCP setting, restart your console and router.
  3. Test your Xbox LIVE connection (go back to Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection).

If this solution worked, your console will connect to Xbox LIVE.

Note If you are prompted to update your console software, select Yes.

--

Improve your wireless signal

Your connection error might be due to a weak wireless signal. Let's check your wireless signal strength to see if it needs improvement.

Check your wireless signal strength

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select your wireless network name.
  4. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
  5. Look at the strength of your network signal.

If your wireless signal is one or two bars, try improving your signal strength using the tips below.

Improve your wireless signal

• Move your router or gateway off the floor and away from walls and metal objects (such as metal file cabinets).
  • Minimize obstructions along a straight-line path between your console and your wireless router.
  • Shorten the distance between your console and your wireless router. Ideally, your network hardware should be near the center of your home.
  • Change the position of the antenna on your Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (external adapter only).
  • Turn off wireless devices. If your router uses the 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) band, try turning off wireless devices, such as 2.4 GHz cordless telephones, Bluetooth devices, and baby monitors. If you are using a wireless headset with a base station such as the Turtle Beach wireless headset, try moving the transmitter away from your Xbox 360 console, or temporarily turn it off to see if your wireless network signal improves.
  • Try changing your wireless channel. Wireless routers can broadcast on different channels and one channel might be clearer than another. See your hardware documentation for help changing wireless channels.
  • Add a wireless repeater to extend your wireless network range. You can boost your signal strength by placing a wireless repeater halfway between your router and your console.
  • Add an Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter (Xbox 360 S console). If your wireless router is not near the console, an Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter might improve the signal strength. When you connect a wireless networking adapter to an Xbox 360 S console, the console will automatically use the wireless adapter instead of the internal Wi-Fi. Learn how to attach to an external adapter.
  • Switch wireless signal bands. If you have a dual-band router and an external wireless adapter, try switching the router to a wireless protocol that transmits on the 5 GHz band (wireless protocol A or N). Please see your hardware documentation for help with changing the wireless protocol.
  • Do not use satellite, 3G, or 4G phone type connections. These types of connections are not supported, and you are likely to experience slow game performance or have problems downloading or streaming content. For the best Xbox LIVE experience, an Internet service provider (ISP) with a high-speed cable or DSL connection is recommended.
--
Check your router's wireless settings

You might have to change your router's wireless settings. Here are some things you should know:

• Xbox 360 S console: The Xbox 360 S console’s built-in Wi-Fi uses the 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) frequency band. If your router is broadcasting using another frequency, your Xbox 360 S console cannot connect to your wireless network. Check your router documentation to find out how to set your router to broadcast at 2.4 GHz. If you want to connect using the 5 GHz frequency band, you will need to add the black Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter to your Xbox 360 S console.
  • Xbox 360 S console and black adapter: The Xbox 360 S console and the black Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter cannot use the 802.11n wireless protocol in combination with WEP or WPA TKIP encryption. If your router requires WEP or WPA encryption, your console will try to connect to your wireless network using a slower wireless protocol such as 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11a.
  • Use WPA2 if possible: The best wireless encryption to use with your Xbox 360 console is WPA2 with AES encryption.
  • Wireless N router and a gray adapter: If you have an 802.11n or N type router and a gray Xbox 360 Wireless G Networking Adapter, configure your N type router to use a mixed mode; broadcast using a combination of wireless standard N and either B, G, or A.

If you change a setting, test your Xbox LIVE connection again (go back to System Settings, selectNetwork Settings, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection).

Source

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/cant-connect-to-xbox-live-solution

Sorry this didn't help.