Xbox live problem

Here's the thing. I'll be playing some halo then after a while. I'll be in the middle of a game and BOOM disconnected from xbox live. I dashboard and BOOM I'm connected back to xbox live. Then I go play halo and this repeats.

Yesterday got disconnected three times within four games of each other.

Today got disconnected once.

I have this router http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=681 . I am using the second "band" 5GHz. I have turtle beach X31s and that uses a 2.4GHz system. I have a laptop, a desktop, and 3 Iphones connected to this router. I only receive this problem with the xbox. I am useing the wireless G adapter. My ISP is shaw. My iphone is showing 2/3 wi-fi connection. The laptop is showing 4/5 wi-fi connection. EVERYTHING EXCEPT the xbox is connected to the 2.4GHz "band". My xbox is in the bottom floor and my router is at the top floor. (I have 3 floors counting the bottom floor and the top floor.) I already moved my turtle beach receiver as far as I can. I can NOT move my router any closer. My ports are open for my xbox.

If you need more info then just ask. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I can not see an edit button... After reading the sticky, it seems I'm missing information so here's some more.

I live in Alberta, Canada.(No I don't ride polar bears to school haha :)

I'm using WPA personal encryption. The adapter is the original white. (How much better is the new black N adapter??)

UPnP is Enabled. My NAT is open. And My xbox is 2/4 bars now. I moved things around and got it from 1/4 to 2/4 bars.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there - I believe the issue is a clash between your Xbox and the Turtle Beach transmitter. The White Xbox Wireless G adapter does not run at 5Ghz, only at 2.4Ghz B or G. Since the Turtle Beach transmitter runs at the same frequency, that would cause your disconnection issues. The Black "Wireless N" adapter is compatible with 5Ghz Wireless N networks. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Only thing is. I recently bought my turtle beaches and this problem was had them. But thanks for the help. I'll switch to a black adapter soon as I can. Although is there a place I can put the transmitter where it will not clash connection??

Sorry this didn't help.