Xbox Live Problem- COD Black Ops

Hi,

I get into a lobby for a game and i get into the game and after 10 seconds it looses connection and comes up with a box saying.....'Error, The Call Of Duty: Black Ops Server is not available  at this time. please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/status for updates'

I have been on to this website and it says all is ok and all my mates are fine playing apart from me and sometimes it doesn't even let me sign into the pre game lobby.....can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey mate, are you having this issue with other games on LIVE as well, or only Call of Duty? Also, please take a few minutes to read this post, and then answer the bold questions in your thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

no he would have mentioned if he was having problems with other games obviously. and yes he has live and isnt banned your not to great at haelping people

Sorry this didn't help.

The Call of Duty Black Ops server simply joins gamers together, it does not actually host games, Black Ops doesn't use dedicated servers like EA's Battlefield or Medal of Honor do.  If you are having connection problems, it is most likely your end rather than Xbox Live.

As its not a Xbox Live issue, Mr Fitzer's link is where the OP needs to look first.  The OP needs to provide us with their network setup so we can help them further

What Country/State/Province do you live in?
Modem brand & model number:
Router brand & model number:
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
Things you have tried:
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Is NAT Type Open?
Any Error Codes you encounter:
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?

Sorry this didn't help.