xbox live password issues

It seems that lately Microsoft decided to have me verify my password that I have been using for years and now wont accept it.  So I logged onto xbox live on my pc and changed my password to something else.   I can sign on just fine on my PC and it brings up my correct gamer tag and everything.   I then try to sign on to the console using the same email and password and it says its invalid!   I call microsoft support and get a callback 3 hours later.....they say they need to send it to level 2 and will either correct it or contact me to help me correct it.  That was 2 or 3 days ago and I havent heard from anyone yet.  Been trying to sign on every day since then with the same results.  This afternoon I turned the console on and it said it had an update available.   I thought....great they fixed it with a download.  So I go through the process of the update and try signing on to xbox live.   Same thing.  Password incorrect for xbox live account.  I tried the PC again and here I am  signed on with same email ID and password I use on the console..........what Gives?   I'm about ready to cancel my account which is auto payed every month and start a new one or just go back to PS3 and forget about xbox.        

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi there,

have you tried clearing the consoles cache:support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache  to see if that helps,

or to redownload your gamertag: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

You don't have to delete it, but If you delete the profile, be sure just to delete profile only, not to loose any save games etc.

-

Let us know the results

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.