xbox live only for yanks??

Why is it every year at e3 big announcments are made, most of which apply to all but then there are always 2-3 that only apply in the states? Now i dont have a problem with our fellow gamers in america and im fully aware microsoft is an american company but i believe that we all pay an equal amount for xbox live so services should be made equal, it just seems that xbox try so hard to please there american audience that usualy every other country is left with the crumbs from the table

I happen to know on other platforms that they do so equally among each country they strive to work as best they can for the consumers in that country but once again we get shafted? How is this might you ask? Well in the past 2 years the only real new thing we have had is sky player and im sorry to say but it is the biggest waste of time possible, With very few channels to watch an outrageous pricing plan and only really useful if a) you are into sports and willing to fork out 30 quid a month for it or b) have alot of friends who can afford this sum so you can use its functions with friends? So pointless i can go downstairs and use my sky hd box get better quality get all the channels and never have that annoyng message appear saying that this program does not brodcast on sky player and its happening alot more than not, 

Now over the pond they have hulu? and netflix? and now xbox tv? What do we get? youtube..... WOW my phone can play youtube and so can my pc why would i need it on my xbox at all? even if they sorted the problems out with bbc and gave us bbc iplayed id be happy but as usual all xbox see over here is big dollar signs and us all penned up with the word mug across our forehead, So why dont we get bbc iplayer you may wonder? WELL reffer to my previous sentence about dollar signs. Bbc is a FREE services to all people staying in BRITIAN yet microsoft want to make it gold only, so technically you would be paying for it wich wouldnt sweeten the deal of buying an xbox as there are 2 other formats wich give people just that a free bbc i player plus its on the pc for free... So i am left with the conclusion that we are just cash cows to fuel the costs of the states getting everything first and foremost and us being given sub par updates wich do nothing to make my xbox expirence truly better, Even a few new channels on sky player would be good but nothing has surfaced and no word of anything since its release, there hasnt even really been an update for it. NOT EVEN KINECT COMPATIBILITY YET THEY HAVE IT FOR NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE......

Why is this are we not good enough loyal xbox consumers? Or are we as i said just a cash cow to be milked to fuel others xbox expirence

Well thats my rant let me hear youre views on it... 

Peace 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Cos its set in the States...

Sony is set in japan, yet was the last to be put back up from the outage due to various factors? Every update japan gets uk gets something similar to comepnsate and this is a free (if very laggy and rubbish) service i pay for a service same as every other xbox gamer why should i and my fellow gamers be put at the bottom just because of where we stay

Other countries > UK

The BBC services aren't free at all. What do you think we pay a license fee for?

heres the reason:

Because otherwise MS has to put up with the Americans moaning, seriously you only have to look at any game that gets released in Eurpopse before the US and suddenly all the Americans fly off the handle claiming its unfair to them.

I agree with you, there needs to be more done to bring the different regions to the same level.

The problem is of course that license something in America and it'll cover the whole region but you can't get one license for the region of Europe, you have to get it for each country and that seems to be too much effort.

[quote user="Crimson Chinian"]

BBC is a FREE services to all people staying in BRITAIN

[/quote]I'd like to say that the radio is free but that is free to people all over the world. In order to watch BBC television, you need to pay the TV Tax, sorry license fee. The exception to that of course is the iPlayer but that doesn't broadcast live, also the BBC are trying to find a model where you pay for the iPlayer as well.

Your entire rant post is based on some rather faulty reasoning.[quote user="Crimson Chinian"]So pointless i can go downstairs and use my sky hd box get better quality get all the channels and never have that annoyng message appear saying that this program does not brodcast on sky player and its happening alot more than not,[/quote]That's something you need to take up with Sky. Microsoft provide the box, Sky provide the service.

[quote]Now over the pond they have hulu?[/quote]American company, not owned by MS. Not MS's problem, take it up with Hulu.[quote]and netflix?[/quote]Same. [quote]and now xbox tv?[/quote]Actually, we don't know that is not coming to our shores. It was announced for multiple territories, but it was not announced what those territories were. let's wait and see.

[quote]What do we get? youtube..... WOW my phone can play youtube and so can my pc why would i need it on my xbox at all?[/quote]Okay, fine. But when you say this...[quote] even if they sorted the problems out with bbc and gave us bbc iplayed id be happy[/quote]Why do you need it on your xbox when your PC can play it? There is a huge gap in your logic. Why do you not care about youtube because your PC can play it, when you are unhappy you cannot watch BBC, even though your PC can play it? Your applying dual standards.

[quote]so technically you would be paying for it wich wouldnt sweeten the deal of buying an xbox as there are 2 other formats wich give people just that a free bbc i player plus its on the pc for free.[/quote]Well, that's just not true. You pay for Xbox Live already, so getting something additional for the same cost means you are getting it for free. I'd agree it's an incentive for silvers to go gold.

[quote]So i am left with the conclusion that we are just cash cows to fuel the costs of the states getting everything first and foremost and us being given sub par updates wich do nothing to make my xbox expirence truly better,[/quote]The logic you've applied to reach that conclusion is flawed, but you are still entitled to hold to that conclusion if you want.

[quote]Even a few new channels on sky player would be good but nothing has surfaced and no word of anything since its release, there hasnt even really been an update for it. NOT EVEN KINECT COMPATIBILITY YET THEY HAVE IT FOR NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE......[/quote] Talk to Sky, it's their application.

[quote]Well thats my rant let me hear youre views on it... [/quote]My view is that your reasons for the rant are questionable, but if you feel that strongly about it, you are always free to go to silver.

(it's worth adding that it is possible to watch iplayer on your xbox. Lewgiffard has linked to a fantastic application for Windows Media Center which you can use on the Xbox when it operates as a media extender. I've used it at home to good effect in the past)

Atleast the UK is the most supported of all the EU countries. Only thing we missing is BBC iplayer for the xbox but ps3 and wii have it I think whereas most other countries dont get this service at all.

Well anyone who's outside the UK are not able to get BBC iplayer at all since they are not in the UK!

PSN is a rubbish laggy service? Someone hasn't played on it.