Xbox Live on Windows 8 Final: Can't connect

Yesterday I installed Windows 8 final trhough MSDN. I'm no longer able to connect to Xbox live via the built-in applications (Music, Games, Video). It worked fine on Windows 8 Release Preview. Anyone experiencing the same issues? I have a Belgian Xbox Live ID.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

How are we doing now the status page says that the account section is up and running again?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. Been running the release preview for a while and set up a Xbox live account connected to my live id with that and it worked great playing Wordament and stuff.

Yesterday I upgraded to the MSDN RTM release (chosing to keep my settings) and since then I can no longer connect to XBox live. Games app just stands logging in indefinately (waited like 5 minutes). Mahjong asked if I wanted to allow it to access my live id, but then the login in the top corner circled a couple of time "logging in" and then I got the "Vi vet inte vad som hände. Försök igen eller kom tillbaka senare. Gå till Xbox.com om du vill ha hjälp", which is Swedish for like "We don't know what happened. Try again or come back later. Go to Xbox.com if you want help.".

Minesweeper didn't ask permission, but the login circle turned a couple of rounds and after that I got the same message as in Mahjong.

Tried this both last night and several times today without success... Any hints would be appreciated...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Souldr1nker,

Since you are in the preview, you need to be posting on these forums: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

This area of support is for those not using the preview. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.