xbox live on old console

I have sold my xbox 360 and purchased the xbox one and the person I sold my 360 to is using my xbox live to go online is there anything I cn do to stop this ? Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:
Password protect your Xbox Live profile remotely

If your Xbox Live profile is downloaded to another console and it’s not password protected or your password becomes compromised, you can remotely remove the password so that your profile can’t be accessed. Here’s how:

Step 1: Change your Microsoft account

1. Go to accounts.live.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
  2. Under Account information, click Change next to Password.

Alternatively, you can change your Microsoft account password from your console by following the steps at Change your Microsoft account password.

Note If your downloaded Xbox Live profile doesn’t require a password at sign in (the Remember Password option is turned on), changing your Microsoft account password won’t prevent someone from signing into your Xbox Live profile. In this case, you need to complete the next step.

Step 2: Require a password to sign in

Remove your Microsoft account password so that your Xbox Live profile can’t be accessed from other consoles. You can do this:

Computer steps: Remotely require a profile password

1. Go to My Account.
  2. Under Settings & Preferences, click Xbox 360 Profile Protection.
  3. Sign in with the Microsoft account (email address and password) that is associated with your Xbox Live account.
  4. Select Protect Profile to require that your profile be redownloaded from Xbox Live, using your Microsoft account and password, before it can be used on a console. Any existing copies of your profile will no longer work, and profile changes or achievements that are not saved to Xbox Live will be lost.

Console steps: Remotely require a profile password

1. Sign in to Xbox Live with your account.
  2. Go to Settings, select Account and then select Account Security.
  3. Select Password at Sign In.
  4. Select On All Other Consoles.

If you choose this option, all other consoles will require your Microsoft account password for sign in (or redownloading of your Xbox Live profile).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.