XBox live on Halo 4 - network status is locked on" Party Only"

How can I open up XBOX live , playing in Halo 4 so I can play with everyone/anyone instead of being locked into party only. Nt sure if it is part of a message every time I login to Xbox live on the console it says privacy and settings of a user may effect other users own this console. I've set all privacy settings on my Xbox live profiles to open and enabled but I still get the message when two profiles log in to play in the co-op in spartan ops. I also still have the problem of no chat. I can see the visual indicator that the console hears me, but once in the game I cannot communicate with anyone. I have gone into all chat options and enabled and opened it as much as possible but not sure why I cannot chat. As for NAT that shows as open in network setting with no problem. I network connectivity in both the console settings as well as in the game itself when I go into an online co-op campaign with other players.. So with all that, there is something's in the server background or finite settings of the console or even the router that is not right. I'm an experienced network engineer and the ideology of the setup is understood but the limited control and simplistic settings have my hands tied within the 323 system realm. So any ideas to this customized from the support guys in the network is appreciated Jerry

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hi there!  The issues with not being able to play with other party members sounds very much like some family settings on the console.  If you have a child account or are part of a Family Plan, you will need to have the Guardian/Primary account holder change those security settings. There's more info on it here: Xbox Parental Control | Xbox Family Settings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.