Hello, first I will fill the form which I saw on a sticky post:
- What Country/State/Province do you live in? : Finland, Oulu
- Modem brand & model number: Telewell-EA510 v3(c)
- Router brand & model number: Telewell-EA510 v3(c) (its a modem adsl so it works as adsl and a router)
- Powerline brand and model: D-Link DHP-200
- Network Connection Type: Wired
- Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
- Is NAT Type Open? : No, moderate.
- Any Error Codes you encounter: Cant connect Xbox Live using static IP. / Cant obtain IP address from router or modem.
- What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? : Cabel i think.
- Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? : DNA
- When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?: Cant connect Xbox Live using static IP. / Cant obtain IP address from router or modem.
To notice, Xbox Live has been working on me, but now it does not work for a reason or another. So hopefully this will get you started. Also, I have tried to use normal and bridged port, but none has worked. This is the complete list I have tried:
- Using DHCP and no DHCP
- Using bridged and normal port on ADSL
- Changing Powerline adapters
- Changing ethernet cables
- Using static IP (for real, I tried TONS of different setups)
- Using automatic IP
- Using alternative MAC address
- Disabling MAC filter from ADSL
- Manually addressing DNS servers
- Using automatic DNS servers
- Resetting Xbox network settings to factory
- Switched and unplugged every single networking device and plugging them back each after 30 seconds from another device
- Resetting ADSL to factory settings
- Setting Powerline to different electricity socket
- Trying to entablish the connection with Powerline with computer
- Using ADSL's host name
So NONE of these have worked out so far and I really hope that you will find the missing lead. My current xbox settings are these:
- IP (auto): 169.254.181.182
- Subnet Mask (auto): 255.255.0.0.
- Gateway (auto): 0.0.0.0
- #1 DNS: 188.8.131.52
- #2 DNS: 184.108.40.206
Hopefully this is enough to help me somehow.