XBOx Live Memberships for me and my family

i'm a new XBox 360 owner.  i've got a family of 6.  do we all need Live memberships or do we all need just one to play under?  why would each of us need one as i expect that's the answer i'll hear back.  as a parent can i monitor their activity and/or put in parental controls?  what links or sites can i review to understand where to get the most value for my family and our future live accounts?  thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well, Xbox LIVE has Family Packs. which allow one adult to adminster three Child accounts. Only the adult can buy, and they can disburse Microsoft Points to buy games or things used in game by a 'Points Allowance'. The Child accounts can play on other consoles away from home, and an account profile (Child or Adult) can be on multiple consoles at the same time (but only one of those can be signed in at any specific time). If the Child splits away from the Family Pack, they can take their gamerscore and purchases with them.

With six to play, that would entail getting two Family Packs. Sorry, no Family Six Packs.

I'd suggest making new Microsoft Accounts at http://signup.live.com for each family member; the alternate email addresse for each can be another family member's addresse. Please record all the data used as they may not remember that later.

You will probably also enjoy http://majornelson.com which lists sales, bargains and promotions. That is the blog of a Microsoft Xbox exec whose gamertag is Major Nelson, hence the name of the blog.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Renoom. To add onto what Vibroplex said, if everyone wants there own account, or wants to play simultaneously, everyone would need there own Xbox LIVE account, or you could just have one family account, that everyone shares. 

Also, here is how to setup Xbox 360 parental controls.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.