xbox live membership information isnt valid???????

i get this message. "your xbox live membership information isnt valid. please use a profile that contains a valid membership or recover your profile from xbox live."

ive never had my account off my own console and it was working fine earlier today. please help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Do as the message suggested, recover your profile.

Before you do that go to MY XBOX>SYSTEM SETTINGS>MEMORY>PROFILE(S) is there a yellow icon next to your profile telling you it is corrupt? If yes then you need to delete it first (PROFILE ONLY!), then go back to the MEMORY TAB and press 'Y' to CLEAR CACHE. Restart the console and then recover your profile. Depending on the size of your profile it may take several minutes to several hours to recover.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i noticed that under my profile pic on here that it shows ive been to the arcade game room. which ive never been. and i got suspicious. so i did recover it. and i changed my password. now im worried a bit since someone obviously hacked my account. so far everything is back to normal.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did your Xbox Live expire?

It could have charged your credit card, if you use one, and then there could have been insufficient funds. You will ahve to call Xbox support at 1-8004MYXBOX and give them a new credit card.

This happened to me once when my expire and my old credit card was charged thanks to auto-renewal.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a wrong e-mail or password?

Sorry this didn't help.

If the OP's issue was due to a credit card outstanding balance issue then his account would be locked and unable to sign into XBL until he resolved it with phone support. That is not the situation here though.

@OP-You don't have to worry about being hacked over XBL. It won't happen. It is a safe and secure network on MS's end. However there are a few things you should be aware of on your end:

Account security for Xbox LIVE

Lastly, I strongly recommend you use a seperate e-mail account and password for XBL that you do not use for any other service or website. If your log in information gets compromised on another website (and you use that same information here to log in) then your risk of your XBL account being compromised is that much great than if you used seperate log in information.

Did you give your log in information to anyone else that you know? Friend(s), family, complete stranger on the internet in return for something?

Sorry this didn't help.