Xbox Live marketplace/ dashboard issues.

For the past week or two I've been experiencing some really serious and incredibly frustrating problems with Xbox Live on the Dashboard/ Marketplace. For one, half the time I sign in or go to the dashboard, I get "Some content is unavailable right now," meaning I can't see the marketplace at all, just my friends list with the Xbox Guide button. Also, quite a few of my Arcade games are telling me it's the trial version when I KNOW I own the full copy. I also can't patch any of my games and when the Xbox Dashboard does show Live correctly, whenever I try to browse the Market, it either boots me back to the dashboard or gives me the message saying some content couldn't be accessed. I haven't been having these issues until recently and Internet access has been fine on every other device in the house so I know it's not my internet.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey Cthulhu,

I have a few things that you should try, and let;'s see if we can't come up with a solution to fix this issue together, ok?

Let's start by clearing your Systems Cache:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

You can find these steps here:  http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Next let's attempt to clear the Marketplace Cache as well:

1. On your console, go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.
  3. Select System Items.
  4. Select Marketplace System Data.
  5. Select Delete.
  6. Restart your console.
  7. Try to access Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Out of curiosity are you using a wired connection or wireless? Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. I tried those things last night after troubleshooting in the support section, but it still didn't really help. But I'm using a wireless connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the follow up Darth Cthulhu! Would you be able to try a wired connection by chance? It's possible you might be running into some pesky wireless interference issues, and that can wreck havoc on your connection for sure. A wired connection would at least help us determine if that is or is not the case. :)

Sorry this didn't help.