Xbox live login not working

I can login to my xbox live account on my pc but not on my xbox 360 console, it tells me my account doesnt exist or password is wrong. worked fine up until about a month ago...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

Could you as a first step visit account.live.com/.../Manage and check that you have at least two proofs set up and verified please.

-

You may have Two-step verification set up on your account in which case you will need to generate an app password and use that to sign in rather than your regular Microsoft account password. So check out the following link that describes how to do that.

-

majornelson.com/.../using-microsoft-two-factor-authentication-with-your-xbox-live-account

-

You can either generate an app password or disable two step verification, that's your choice.

-

If you still can't sign in then try the following

-

WARNING!! Before proceeding please ensure that you have the login details for your account to hand as the following steps involve removing your profile from the console, failure to know your login info can result in you having no access to your profile. If possible please move your profile to a USB storage device just in case this doesn't work for you, at least then you will still have access to your profile.

-

Go to settings/ system/ storage, select your storage device and look for Profiles, select that and find your profile, delete your profile but please be sure to DELETE PROFILE ONLY. If your profile doesn't show in the Profiles section then you can skip the profile deletion step. Deleting your profile only will NOT have any effect on your files/gamerscore etc.

-

Press B to back out until you get to the page that shows your storage devices, highlight your storage device and press Y on the controller, you will see a clear system cache option, clear the cache THREE ( yes THREE ) times one after the other, power the console off and back on. Download the profile and then try signing in.

-

http://support.xbox.com//xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

have you tried deleting then redownloading your profile ????

1.Go to Settings, and then select System.

2.Select Storage.

3.Select All Devices.

4.Select Gamer Profiles.

5.Select the gamertag that you want to delete.

6.Select Delete.

7.Select one of the following:

◦Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

◦Select Delete Profile and Items to delete the profile and the associated saved games and achievements.

1.From the Xbox Dashboard, go to social.

2.Select Sign In or Out.

3.Scroll right and select Download profile.

4.Sign out of your account (if you are signed in).

5.Select Download profile.

6.Enter your Microsoft Account username and password.

hope this helps !!!! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.