Xbox Live keeps disconnecting!

I'm having this issue where I will logon and after about 2 minutes XBL will suddenly disconnect me. This makes no sense as i've had the ports forwarded on my router for an extremely long time, my nat type is open, i'm not having any internet issues, i've got my xbox wired. Last night everything was fine no problems now this morning i've tried about 6 times and this keeps happening. I've reset my modem and router and still have this problem. I live in the central NY area.

Is there any server maintenance in this area right now?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you're still experiencing this issue, please take a few minutes to check this post, and answer the questions at the bottom of the page. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a simmilar problem but I live in the southern part of the United States. Although my internet connection does not go off every 2 minutes it will disconect often during the same time I have timed how long I am able to stay online and it averages from 10 - 25 minutes. This irritates me for the fact that if someone right down the street has xbox live what is the reason that mine keeps repeatedly going out. I have contacted the local provider and have had house visits from the company to consult the problem.  If there is any news on the reason why this occurs please email me or post. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a almost similar problem, but I get disconnected from Xbox Live when i'm playing a single player game or when i'm away from my 360 for more or less than 10 minutes, but never disconnected from Xbox Live when i'm playing a multiplayer game. I'm starting to think that it's the router that's causing the problem, it could be the router

Sorry this didn't help.

yea im having that same problem rite now and mister fitzer that link is not working for me keeps saying the requested group cannot be found keeps saying that for me anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem, also with the inability to have anyone join my party for more than about 5 minutes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alot of the times when someone gets disconnected from xbox live it has to do with the internet speed dropping all of a sudden.  Xbox live requires that the MTU value be above a certain point or else it will disconnect itself.  I advise that you check the following:  

• Is your internet speed rated high enough to be able to use xbox live?  
  • Is your internet provider having any maintenance or area trouble?
  •  If neither of these are at fault contact your internet provider to see if there is anything wrong with the signal getting to your house and if so make the provider come visit the house to check the connections.

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure your up to date with all the latest system downloads. This may be one of the reason to why you keep getting disconnected, also make sure your wired connection cable isn't broken in anyway. If you still have this problem see here. support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-solution

Sorry this didn't help.

@Zeza Reignhalt: My MTU is at a solid 3 or 4 and I tested the connection, it comes up as a Live Connection Error, meaning that it's the modem that's causing it.

@sM Faytal: I use a wireless connection and my system and my games are all up to date.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, everyone. Can all of you besides CrypticAshes please create new threads for your individual issues and include your responses to the questions in bold at the bottom of this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx ? This will help provide us with some context behind your situations so we can offer you the best troubleshooting advice possible.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.