Xbox Live Keeps Disconnecting!

After trying to install the xbox live update for more than 2 1/2 hours last night, getting multiple error codes, and countless failed attempts, I was finally able to download and install.

However, now every time I sign in to my xbox live, it disconnects after only 30 seconds!!! I am extremely frustrated since this is my first time playing in a very long time and all I have encountered are nothing but problems. Considering I just purchased a new xbox live gold 12 month membership and Kinect sensor, I am extremely upset and disappointed. I wish I had known about all these problems before I spent all this money!! 

I have checked my internet, modem, router and everything is in working order. I even performed countless tests on my network and everything is checking out fine. I have found that others are having similar issues after this latest update and it seems to be an microsoft/xbox live problem. 

I surfed the forums and looked around for answers but there doesn't seem to be any. What is the deal?! 

If this issue does not get resolved soon, I will be returning my brand new Kinect and getting myself some nice heels. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

forgot to mention... Xbox live keeps disconnecting while trying to play Kinect Adventures and even when just looking through the xbox dashboard.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also, I have an active download but since it keeps disconnecting, it is not downloading. If I used a code to redeem the game and I cancel the download, will I be able to resume the download later or will I lose the download all together??

Sorry this didn't help.

You will always be able to download latee. Go to account then download history and you can re-download your content there. Since this hasnt been resolved since the first feb update i dont know how soon MS will resolve this for us so you better be prepared to snap a pic for us of your new heels.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just found I'm supposed to include this:

It is a WIRED connection and my ISP is Time Warner Cable

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-4840

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 8015-1004

Q: 8015-1004

T: Wired

A: 192.168.0.112/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.0.1

D: 192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

Sorry this didn't help.

None of the ambasadors here will admit there is a problem. They will provide u a link and ask to reset your modem, try being connected directly to the modem, clear your cache, if all fails try reinstalling the update, i even has MS tell me that my unit was bad because the update failed to install so many times. HAHA on them, my update finally did install but like you once it did the floodgate of issues sprung. Too many people are having issues for this to be on the users end. So in will come a ambasador with their copy and paste answers... 3........2.....should be here any second....1........

Sorry this didn't help.

Btw, does it disconnect once you start a game load or while you're still on the dashboard?

Sorry this didn't help.

well it seems now they are not even bothering to reply to the thread in the forum.... :(  It disconnects all the time. It is pretty much instantly. The "connected" icon is not even done blinking before the "disconnected" one pops up.

This is ridiculous.

Sorry this didn't help.

BLAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! This is SO FRUSTRATING!!! I JUST WANT TO PLAY ONLINE!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Damy! I understand you are having some LIVE issues. I see that you have already done some steps to resolve your issue. When you run the Network Test on the console, does it fully connect to LIVE or does it give you an error message? Also, the results you posted, did you run this test immediately after getting disconnected? If not, please do that and post those results back.

As an extra thought, you mention getting disconnected after 30 seconds. Is this consistent? Does this only happen if you try to load a game or app, or will it disconnect simply sitting on the Dashboard? Alright, let me know about all that and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here, what should we do??

Sorry this didn't help.