xbox live keeps disconnecting. :-(

since trying to download an update yesterday, i keep getting booted from x box live. ive got a new style box with internal wirelss. ive tried re-setting modem and router (even though i know thy're working cos lap top is fine). ive done connection test on x box, even when test is ok as soon as you try to use it it fails again. after the test i pressed 'y' and this error comes up.

W  0000 - 0021

X  0001 - 8005

Y  20A8 - 4800

Z  0000 - 0000

ID FFFF - FFFF

I have opened up the firewall settings and tried all the suggestions on x box live support, although could not do final suggestion as mac ad says 'not set'.

i am using netgear router and cable modem via virgin. same set up as always but just got these problems.  i did change my cpu about a week ago but have played online since with no problem till yesterday.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Same thing just happened to me, it was find before the update 2 days ago

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Make sure to start with our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) and if you are still having issues, post back with the answers to the bold questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same new type xbox and get the same problem of keeps kicking from xbox live and downloads are slow and dont sometimes even get further than a few percent before failing. I have come to the conclusion that the internal network cards are faulty  

Sorry this didn't help.

hey Cold & Musky, can you guys both please create your own thread, in which you answer the bold questions listed here? That will allow us to troubleshoot your issue and get to the bottom of it. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.