Xbox LIVE Issue!

Hey i am currently having problems with setting up my new Gamertag too Xbox LIVE. I have created the Account fine and played Halo:reach but now wan't too go Online but a Error message keeps poping up at the very end were i accept the rules. 

The Error message:

This action can't be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more info, visit www.xbox.com/support.

8015401D.

Please help me sort this problem out, Thank You.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Are you referring to the account you are currently posting from? Can you sign in here with the account you are referring to?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank You for your reply Mister Gwyther.

No not this account, The account I'm referring to hasn't got an email set up to it yet which i was going to do when joining Xbox LIVE. I was going to use this email for the account which is having the problem. This is just a temporary account so that i can get this solved over the forums.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Er, aside from your immediate issue, if you used the email address to make this account, it will now not be available for the other account without some WLID shifting. You'll have to change this account's WLID to something else to free it up for your other account.

That said, can you walk me through exactly what you are doing to try to take your other (local) account and make it a LIVE account? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank You for your reply Mister Gwyther.

I was going to change the windows LIVE ID when i got the account set up as i made a new Email just to see if that would solve my issue but im still getting the same error message, By walking you through im guessing telling you the steps i take on trying to join Xbox LIVE?

Well i Sign in to the Account (OpTic KnIte), Press the Xbox Guide button on the controller and select Join Xbox Live when the Xbox message pops up saying End Session i click Yes. Press continue on the Welcome to Xbox LIVE Then add My name Then put in the email address i want to use and the Email's Password. Then i enter my DOB then click Continue on "Confirm Your Information" Then continue again. Then on "Contact Preferences"  i only have Xbox Marketing Ticked Then confirm and then i accept the "Terms Of Preferences" Then when it says creating the account the Error message comes up.  Getting quite frustrated really lol.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, have you tried this process on Xbox.com, to see if the same issue occurs? And to be clear, has the email you're using ever been used in conjunction with the Xbox or Windows Live services before?

Sorry this didn't help.