XBOX live issue

I am trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my xbox port. I used to be able to get on Xbox live and my connection was fine. A few months ago we had a storm that hit my modem. We replaced the modem and ever since then I cannot connect to xbox live. With it says that I have no connection and I go to test connection it goes to the screen with wired wireless buttons. When I click wired network it just tells me information about a wired connection. I have changed the cable to one that I know works and still nothing. I have tried to connecting it directly to the modem and nothing. Are there any tests I can do or does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had the unit for years so it is out of warranty and I can't justify sending it off to be repaired when I can just buy a wireless adapter and us it. But if I can fix the problem I would love to.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm just assuming you are talking about a wireless router. Also, did you do the test connection to Xbox Live, that should tell you exactly where the problem is taking place. If you need any more help or get any more information about your issue, feel free to message me.

-Isaac

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have it connected straight to the router. When I go to test it it goes to the screen that says wired network and wireless network. It wont let me test the connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have it hooked up directly you should click wired connection then it will either take you to a screen where you will find test connection or it will ask you to test connection right when you press on it.

Sorry this didn't help.

When I select test connection it brings me to the screen with the wired network and wireless network. When I select wired network it just pops up a more info screen. It wont let me test the connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

In that screen look for the test connection. It should be there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Correction, it actually is Test Xbox Live Connection. It's the second option on the top left of the screen. Choose that and it will test you connection to Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.