xbox live is slow and laggy and updates wont download

I was playing xbox and getting a system update when my power went up and interupted the update. Since then my xbox has not been able to update anything. I have clearing my systems cache and deleting my profile but still i cant upsate anything. When i test my xbox live connection it tells me under live status it says service alert

When i try to update it gives me the status code "3CD6-0000-D080-0200-8007-045D"

I read that this means the system doesnt recognize my hardrive so i removed it and replaced it several times. I am all out of ideas. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

If you've tried several times with the same hard drive perhaps try a different one or a flash drive (up to 16 gb) to see if that works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Although it may not be ideal you may need to purchase a new HDD and transfer your data over. When a new device is introduced it may be easier to recognise it, rather than an older (and possibly corrupt) one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please see:

support.microsoft.com/.../906502

Important When you format a storage device, all of the information saved on that device is erased and cannot be recovered. Make sure that you either do not want the information stored on that device or have backed up the information to another device before you continue.

To format a storage device

1. Start your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the tray.
  2. Go to the Settings hub, and choose System.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight the storage device that you want to format, and then press the Y button on your controller.
  5. Select Format.
  6. You receive the following message:
    This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?
    Choose Yes to format the storage device.
  7. If you are asked to enter your console serial number, enter your number, and then select Done. This step helps guard against accidental formatting.

The console serial number is located on the back of the console and behind the oval door on the front of your console.

If you have a Xbox Flash Drive:

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

Sorry this didn't help.