Xbox Live is disconnecting every thirty minutes, PLEASE HELP! [Not a problem with ISP]

Xbox Live is disconnected every thirty minutes, PLEASE HELP.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Winchester, Hampshire, UK
Modem brand & model number: Virgin Media E08C007
Router brand & model number: F5D8 231-4
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2-PSK
Things you have tried: I have tried different UPnP, DMZ, NAT, etc. settings, I have opened all necessary ports, i've called Xbox Support to no avail, i've reset my router and xbox wireless to factory defaults, i've even had Virgin Media send an engineer out to inspect; they said that they repaired a "signal drop" problem in my area and all is now fine.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: N/A
What type of internet do you have? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Virgin Media
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? N/A

I'm sorry for being so brief but i'm an avid gamer and this has been going on for two months now. Disconnected every thirty minutes for two months - I haven't even been able to use Gold, which I pay £40 a year for, to it's full extent due to the Marketplace running very slowly and sometimes not working at all. I'm really now at the end of my tether - please, try to help.

I don't have Ethernet cables in order to test if it is a wireless problem, sorry. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Thanks for the quick reply... I used the ethernet cable to connect my Xbox straight to my Modem, it worked with no disconnections for a good three hours. Would this indicate a problem with the router or just the wireless in general?

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It could be a router set-up issue or wireless. Is it possible to get hold of another Ethernet cable so you can connect to the router as a test, if it works ok wired to the router you know its a wireless issue

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you able to purchase an ethernet cable to test? That would really help narrow down the issue quite a bit.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, there is a cable from the modem to the Belkin, as a test can you turn off the modem connect the cable from the modem to your Xbox. Power up the modem, wait 2mins power up the Xbox (ensure the Xbox ip address is set to auto)

Now run it like for that a couple of hours and see if the problem still exists if it still disconnects contact Virgin or if that works ok get yourself an Ethernet cable as Miss Portia says, they only cost a few pounds, then connect the modem back to the Bekin router and connect your Xbox wired to the Belkin and test again to see what happens

Sorry this didn't help.